With the arrival of spring break, United Way’s 2-1-1 wants to remind families of community programs and resources that are available in Marathon County.
For assistance with food:
- City of Schofield Food Pantry, 200 Park St., Schofield, WI 54476, 715-359-5230
Open 24 hours / 7 days a week
- Jubilee House, 225 S 28th Ave., Wausau, WI , 715-842-3148
Community meal served Thursday from 4:30pm to 6pm
For assistance with clothing:
- Mount Calvary Lutheran Church, 503 Schmidt Ave., Rothschild, WI 54474, 715-359-4500
- United Way’s Rebecca’s Closet, 705 S 24th, Suite 440, Wausau, WI 54401, 715-848-2927 (Individuals in need cannot access this program directly, but those who are interested may ask a community agency they are working with such as school counselors or teachers to access the program on their behalf.)
- The Salvation Army Transitional Living Center, 113 S. 2nd, Wausau, WI 54401, 715-845-6583
Resources for caregivers and children:
- RaiseGreatKids.org offers information on local resources and things to do during the spring break season
- The Boys & Girls Club provides programs that support children’s learning and growth in five core areas at three different locations: D. C. Everest Middle School, Greenheck Field House, and Boys and Girls Club of the Wausau Area. There is also meal programs available at the Wausau location.
For additional information on food, clothing, shelter, or other resources, dial 2-1-1 to speak with an Information Specialist, 24/7. You can also reach United Way’s 2-1-1 by dialing 715-848-2255 or 1-800-922-5590. Language interpreter service is available. Uncomfortable speaking by phone? Email an Information Specialist at email@example.com, or search the online resource database or view publications on this website.