Serving Marathon, Portage, Lincoln, Oneida & Vilas County Residents
United Way’s 2-1-1 is here to help answer questions and connect you to existing community services such as financial assistance, counseling, services for youth or elderly, volunteer opportunities and much more.
- Search online by using the 2-1-1 database of community services.
- Call an Information Specialist for free and confidential, personalized information and referrals, 24/7. Simply dial 2-1-1 or 715-848-2255 or 800-922-5590. We can answer your questions, tell you who to contact and how to take the next step in solving your problems or meeting your needs. Language interpreter service is available if needed.
- Download free community resource publications.
- Ask us your question by email.
The next time you have a question, are looking for help with personal or family matters or need information about community services or volunteer opportunities; we're here anytime you don't know where to turn.
Learn About the Health Insurance Marketplace
What is the Health Insurance Marketplace?
Anyone who is uninsured or who already has health coverage, but wants to explore their options, can apply for private health insurance coverage through the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace starting October 1, 2013. For more detailed information, click on https://www.healthcare.gov/.
You can apply for Marketplace coverage in four ways: online, by mail, by phone or in-person. The Marketplace will offer several kinds of assistance to help you apply for coverage and choose a plan that meets your needs.
- Online questions and answers
- Online chat, visit www.healthcare.gov/contact-us/
- A toll-free call center, call 1-800-318-2596
- People in your community trained to help you apply and enroll
For information about available local community resources:
- Dial 2-1-1
- Search in our 2-1-1 online database. Here are some service keywords to help you get started:
- State/Local Health Insurance Information/Counseling
- Federal Government Information Lines
- Federal Health Insurance Marketplace Call Center/Website
- Health Insurance Marketplaces
- Certified Application Counselor Programs
- Planning/Coordinating/Advisory Groups
Agencies are intended as referrals only. We do not license, endorse or recommend any provider. 2-1-1 Information is maintained and distributed by United Way of Marathon County.