Your free, confidential information & referral service - available 24/7 for your health & human service needs
Serving Marathon, Portage, Lincoln, Oneida & Vilas County Residents.
- Call an Information Specialist. Simply dial 2-1-1 (or 715-848-2255 or 800-922-5590). Language interpreter service is available if needed.
- Search online by using the 2-1-1 database of community services. If you have trouble viewing our online database, please contact us via phone using the numbers listed above for assistance.
- Download free community resource publications.
When should you call United Way's 2-1-1? Here are examples of just a few of the questions United Way's 2-1-1 can help answer:
- Are there classes available for new parents in my community?
- How can I find out about health insurance options?
- I just lost my job, and it's tough to afford food. Where can I go for help?
Making an Impact in Our Community
"Paul" lost his job unexpectedly when his company downsized. Due to a communication error, his unemployment compensation was delayed, and he found himself without insurance and short on funds for basic needs, like food. He called United Way's 2-1-1 to find help. A 2-1-1 Information Specialist told Paul about state medical and food assistance that he could apply for while he was in between jobs. When the Information Specialist followed up with Paul, he said that he had gotten signed up for BadgerCare and FoodShare and felt like he was on the right track.
Thank you to United Way's 2-1-1 volunteers, who gave 513.75 hours of service last year and provided information & referral services to over 1,500 callers!
Thank you to our sponsors. With their financial support, United Way's 2-1-1 continues to connect residents to the help they need.
Agencies are intended as referrals only. We do not license, endorse or recommend any provider. 2-1-1 Information is maintained and distributed by United Way of Marathon County.