Your free, confidential information & referral service - available 24/7 for your health & human service needs
Serving Marathon, Portage, Lincoln, Oneida & Vilas County Residents.
- Call an Information Specialist. Simply dial 2-1-1 (or 715-848-2255 or 800-922-5590). Language interpreter service is available if needed.
- Search online by using the 2-1-1 database of community services. If you have trouble viewing our online database, please contact us via phone using the numbers listed above for assistance.
- Download free community resource publications.
When should you call United Way's 2-1-1? Here are examples of just a few of the questions United Way's 2-1-1 can help answer:
- Are there classes available for new parents in my community?
- How can I find out about health insurance options?
- I just lost my job, and it's tough to afford food. Where can I go for help?
Making an Impact in Our Community
"Wayne's" son unexpectedly came to live with him. His son had significant hearing impairments, and Wayne was anxious to help him connect with services to help make him more independent and confident. He called United Way's 2-1-1 to find out whether any local assistance existed. An Information Specialist shared information about assistance programs in his area, and a couple of weeks later, Wayne said that he had connected with a few of the programs and was very pleased with the help they were receiving. He felt confident that his son would be connected with the services he needed.
Thank you to United Way's 2-1-1 volunteers, who gave 513.75 hours of service last year and provided information & referral services to over 1,500 callers!
Thank you to our sponsors. With their financial support, United Way's 2-1-1 continues to connect residents to the help they need.
Agencies are intended as referrals only. We do not license, endorse or recommend any provider. 2-1-1 Information is maintained and distributed by United Way of Marathon County.