Your free, confidential information & referral service - available 24/7 for your health & human service needs
Serving Marathon, Portage, Lincoln, Oneida & Vilas County Residents.
- Call an Information Specialist. Simply dial 2-1-1 (or 715-848-2255 or 800-922-5590). Language interpreter service is available if needed.
- Search online by using the 2-1-1 database of community services. If you have trouble viewing our online database, please contact us via phone using the numbers listed above for assistance.
- Download free community resource publications.
When should you call United Way's 2-1-1? Here are examples of just a few of the questions United Way's 2-1-1 can help answer:
- Are there classes available for new parents in my community?
- How can I find out about health insurance options?
- I just lost my job, and it's tough to afford food. Where can I go for help?
Making an Impact in Our Community
"Rachel" had left an abusive relationship and was trying to move on with her life. She was staying with her mother, but wanted to get her own place. That was proving difficult, since she had left the relationship with very little of her own. She needed help with the initial rent and security deposit to get started. A 2-1-1 Information Specialist gave Rachel information on agencies to go to for help with rent and security deposit payments. In a follow-up call, Rachel shared that she had received help from one of the agencies she was referred to. With that boost and a little help from her mother, she was able to get into a new place and start making a better life for herself.
Thank you to United Way's 2-1-1 volunteers, who gave 513.75 hours of service last year and provided information & referral services to over 1,500 callers!
Thank you to our sponsors. With their financial support, United Way's 2-1-1 continues to connect residents to the help they need.
Agencies are intended as referrals only. We do not license, endorse or recommend any provider. 2-1-1 Information is maintained and distributed by United Way of Marathon County.