Fill A Backpack Fill A Need
(a project of Workplace Volunteer Council)
Wausau National Guard Armory
833 S. 17th Avenue, Wausau
Distribution: August 22, 2015, 8 AM - 2 PM
- This fall, 6,000 Marathon County students, from 4K-Grade 8, are eligible for
Fill A Backpack Fill A Need.
- Need has increased nearly 40% in five years.
- Every child deserves to start the school year off with the supplies needed to learn.
How can you help?
- Consider purchasing and donating items of greatest need. Donations may be taken to a public drop-off site or to the National Guard Armory, 833 S. 17th Ave., Wausau on August 18, 2015 from 9 am - 6 pm.
- Make a difference with a personal or corporate monetary donation. Checks can be directed to:
WVC - FABFAN
PO Box 1384
Wausau, WI 54402-1384
Printable donation form
Direct donations are tax deductible. Receipts will be mailed after the event.
- Be part of the volunteer "Army" at the National Guard Armory. Volunteers are needed August 18 - 21, 2015. Sign up is online and will be available July 1, 2015.
The 16th annual Fill a Backpack Fill a Need (FABFAN) was a success in helping Marathon County students start the school year with much needed supplies. Thank you to all those who helped. In 2014:
- 5,989 students in grades 4K-8 were eligible for the program
- More than 2,690 students received a backpack or bag of basic school supplies
- 193 volunteers donated 689 hours to make Fill A Backpack 2014 successful
|When a child goes to school that first day, it is so important that they have all the tools necessary to be successful. I feel like FABFAN is essential to giving our children the right start. I have been helping in some capacity for about eight years and been very involved for the past five. I
cannot possibly describe....
|During my years of serving as FABFAN Chair, one of the most memorable stories I heard was where a gentleman came back around the facility after his children received their backpacks. He made a special point of seeking me out after someone told him that I was the Chair. He thanked me and our wonderful organization....
Volunteers from UMR at FABFAN 2014