Family Volunteer Day
United Way Volunteer Connection realizes the importance of families volunteering together to support the communities in which they live and serve. For this reason Volunteer Connection annually sponsors a family-friendly event to bring the young, old, and those somewhere in-between together for a common good.
The last Family Volunteer Day was held Saturday, September 17, 2011 on the 400 Block following the annual United Way Community Day Parade. Incredible families worked together to complete projects to strengthen our local and global communities:
- Creating cards for patients and families of Aspirus Comfort Care and Hospice Services
- Making cards to brighten the day of residents in The Salvation Army shelter
- Cutting and tying fleece blankets for children at the Child Advocacy Center
- Coloring Christmas cards for elderly and disabled residents served by Faith In Action
Five Reasons to Volunteer with Your Family
- Children learn the values of kindness and compassion
- Families are strengthened by spending quality family time together
- Volunteering develops family pride and value
- Families gain a sense of accomplishment when they give back to others
- Society benefits from volunteering
Please check back to learn more about our next Family Volunteer Day. No date is set at this time.
Family Volunteer Day 2011 (click on image to enlarge)
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org