In addition to helping the community when you volunteer, research shows that volunteering is good for you!
- improve your health, happiness and well-being
- meet new people and make new friends
- attend monthly social and informational events
- receive the President’s Volunteer Service Award based on hours of service
- attend the annual recognition celebration
United Way RSVP offers Technology Tutoring classes, free Blood Pressure Screenings and maintains a Community Connections Calendar listing free and low cost events and activities. You can learn more about all of their activities in the RSVP monthly newsletter.
Plan to attend our annual Volunteer Fest on October 18. Music, refreshments, door prizes, and good conversation with good people. See our Volunteer Fest flyer for more information.
For ideas on where you may want to volunteer with RSVP, see a list of volunteer opportunities by station.