Priority Issue - Health
United Way is focusing on:
- Improving health and wellness
Why is it important?
Health is strongly linked to education and
income. Good personal health allows children
to learn better and adults to lead happy and
productive lives. Many Marathon County
residents are struggling with health issues that
lead to absences from school or work.
What are we doing about it?
United Way is working to increase access to prevention and treatment programs and educate the community on the importance of making healthy choices.
Your gift will fund:
- Programs that provide shelter and support services for victims of abuse
- Education about health and wellness and the dangers of obesity
- Prevention programs to reduce substance abuse
- Access to mental health counseling for adults and children