The Marathon County Hunger Coalition was established in August 2008 as an initiative of United Way, in partnership with area businesses, government and non-profit organizations.
The Hunger Coalition’s goals are to:
- Educate the public on the need for donating nutritious food to pantries throughout the year.
- Support member pantries providing food to those in need.
- Optimize food acquisition, storage and distribution.
Celebration of Success 2013
The 2013 United We Can food sculpture competition collected over 24,000 pounds of food and $2,400 to be distributed to area food pantries. More Photos
Opportunities to Fight Hunger in Marathon County
- Donate to United Way of Marathon County on-line or by sending a check to 137 River Drive, Wausau, WI 54403.
- Choose items from the best foods to donate list and bring them to a partner pantry listed below.
Marathon County Hunger Coalition Partners
*denotes a partner food pantry
|Dave Eisenreich, Chair
||Bridge Community Health Clinic
||Aspirus Wausau Hospital
|Marathon County UW Coop Extension
||Covenant Community Presbyterian Church* (Peyton's Promise)
||Marathon County Health Department
|The Women's Community*
||The Salvation Army*
||St. Anne's Parish
||Marathon County Social Services
||Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
|Colby United Food Pantry (CUP)*
||The Neighbors' Place*
||Marathon Cheese Corporation
||First Presbyterian Church*
||Community Center of Hope*
||AIDS Resource Center*
|North Central Community Action Program
||Wausau Wesley United Methodist Church*
||Marathon County Head Start
|United Way of Marathon County
Tasty Food Bites and Bits - Newsletter of The Marathon County Hunger Coalition
Interested in joining the Coalition? Contact JoAnn Janikowski