The Marathon County Hunger Coalition was established in August 2008 as an initiative of United Way, in partnership with area businesses, government and non-profit organizations.
The Hunger Coalition’s goals are to:
- Educate the public on the need for donating nutritious food to pantries throughout the year.
- Support member pantries providing food to those in need.
- Optimize food acquisition, storage and distribution.
Celebration of Success 2012
Roundy’s Foundation Matching Grant Helps Marathon County Hunger Coalition Purchase Food For Area Food Pantries
Opportunities to Fight Hunger in Marathon County
- Donate to United Way of Marathon County on-line or by sending a check to 137 River Drive, Wausau, WI 54403.
- Choose items from the best foods to donate list and bring them to a partner pantry listed below.
Marathon County Hunger Coalition Partners
*denotes a partner food pantry
|Dave Eisenreich, Chair
||Bridge Community Health Clinic
||Aspirus Wausau Hospital
|Marathon County UW Coop Extension
||Covenant Community Presbyterian Church* (Peyton's Promise)
||Marathon County Health Department
|The Women's Community*
||The Salvation Army*
||St. Anne's Parish
||Marathon County Social Services
||Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
|Colby United Food Pantry (CUP)*
||The Neighbors' Place*
||Marathon Cheese Corporation
||First Presbyterian Church*
||Community Center of Hope*
||AIDS Resource Center*
|North Central Community Action Program
||Wausau Wesley United Methodist Church*
||Marathon County Head Start
|United Way of Marathon County
Tasty Food Bites and Bits - Newsletter of The Marathon County Hunger Coalition
Interested in joining the Coalition? Contact JoAnn Janikowski