By working collaboratively, the Marathon County Early Years Coalition will improve school readiness rates for children across the county.
- Received a state grant to encourage business and organizations to invest in early childhood priorities.
- Secured five businesses as “Champions of Early Childhood in Marathon County.”
- Hosted a “Baby Business” forum attended by more than 100 area business leaders.
- Launched five Parent Power Hour sessions to connect parents with opportunities for support and leadership.
- Developed an on-line car seat safety education module for RaiseGreatKids.org.
On The Horizon
- Partner with local businesses to survey parent-employees on barriers they encounter and to assess opportunities to expand local family friendly policies.
- Develop on-line education modules on safe sleep and shaken baby syndrome.
- Offer professional development for child care providers including the Early Childhood Conference at NTC in June, and a five session series on Love and Logic to be offered in the fall.
- Initiate a community-wide awareness campaign on Talk•Sing•Read•Play• Every Child.Every Day. to encourage action that supports early brain development.
- Increase usage of RaiseGreatKids.org as a local resource for families.
*For information on programs that support children and families, call United Way’s 2-1-1 (or 715-848-2255). You can also download a resource publication or search United Way’s 2-1-1 online database.
United Way’s 2-1-1