Partnership for Youth members are working collaboratively to improve academic performance and career readiness for at risk youth.
- Launched five Parent Power Hour sessions to connect parents with opportunities for support and leadership.
- Hosted a professional development offering on Reactive Attachment Disorder and Suicide Prevention.
- Established and trained a cross sector team of individuals from schools, law enforcement, social services and non-profits to develop youth diversion strategies. (Training was provided by Georgetown University.)
- Partnered with United Way’s 2-1-1 to develop content for the Community Help Guide for Teens.
On the Horizon
- Pilot youth diversion strategies with Wausau and DC Everest school districts and community based agencies
- Host a youth employment fair to connect businesses with youth for employment and job skill development.
*For information on programs that support children and families, call United Way’s 2-1-1 (or 715-848-2255). You can also download a resource publication or search United Way’s 2-1-1 online database.
United Way’s 2-1-1