Partnership for Youth members are working collaboratively to improve academic performance and career readiness for at risk youth.
- Held first annual Youth Employment Fair that involved 22 businesses and approximately 200 students from 8 high schools.
- Hosted two professional development offerings:
- Reactive Attachment Disorder & Suicide Prevention.
- Meeting Behavioral Challenges with Compassion.
- Established and trained a cross sector team of individuals from schools, law enforcement, social services and non-profits to establish new ways of addressing high school truancy. (Training was provided through the Vera Institute of Justice.)
On the Horizon
- Host a youth hiring fair to connect businesses with youth for employment and job skill development purposes.
- Host professional development offerings in collaboration with local school districts and community based organizations focused on youth resiliency and grit.
- Pilot youth diversion strategies with Wausau and DC Everest school districts and community based agencies, focused on paralleled pilots integrating comprehensive supportive services with students K-3 and high school.
*For information on programs that support children and families, call United Way’s 2-1-1 (or 715-848-2255). You can also download a resource publication or search United Way’s 2-1-1 online database.
United Way’s 2-1-1