Request for Proposals
Grant Period: January 1, 2020-December 31, 2022
United Way of Marathon County (UWMC) will release the 2020-2022 Community Impact Request for Proposals (RFP) at approximately 5 PM on Monday, December 17, 2018. The RFP process is open to all 501c3, nonprofit organizations in Marathon County. Go to our For Non-Profits page to download a copy of the RFP.
Grants will be awarded through a competitive application process. Applications will be evaluated by a dedicated group of United Way volunteers (Impact Teams), with final grant decisions made by the United Way Board of Directors. Funding announcements will be made in early August 2019, and funding allocations for selected programs will begin in January 2020.
UWMC is seeking programs that align with the focus areas below:
– Education – Improve school readiness.
– Education – Improve academic performance and career readiness.
– Financial Stability – Improve food security and increase safe & affordable housing.
– Financial Stability – Increase skills to improve financial stability.
– Financial Stability – Increase skills to obtain employment and/or improve wages.
– Health – Reduce alcohol and drug abuse.
– Health – Improve mental health.
– Health – Decrease relationship violence and sexual assault.
– Health – Improve seniors’ ability to live independently.
REQUIRED RFP Information Sessions:
The primary contact for each program planning to apply is required to attend ONE RFP Information Session. Pre-registration is required.
– Monday, December 17, 2018, from 3:00-5:00 p.m.
– Wednesday, December 19, 2018, from 7:30-9:30 a.m.
– Thursday, January 3, 2019, from 12:30-2:30 p.m.
Call United Way as soon as possible if one of these dates and times will not work for you.
January 18, 2019, by 5:00 p.m.: Letter of Intent due, including eligibility documents.
January 25, 2019, at 8:00 a.m.: Access to full program proposal given to eligible programs in alignment with focus areas after review of Letter of Intent.
March 15, 2019, by 5:00 p.m.: Full program proposal due.
March – July 2019: Applications reviewed by Impact Teams, which may include follow-up questions for programs and/or site visits.
August 2019: Funding decisions approved by United Way Board of Directors and announced.
January 2020: Funding begins.