Marathon County has many local programs available to help residents on a limited income during the holiday season. United Way’s 211 can help to locate programs that offer holiday meals, winter clothing, and gifts for children under the age of 18.
- First Presbyterian Church, 406 Grant St., Wausau,
- Serving November 28 at 1:00 p.m.
- Delivery available to Wausau and Town of Rib Mountain residents, call for reservations.
- Saint Mary School, 716 Market St., Marathon
- Serving November 28 from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Delivery available to Marathon City residents, call for reservations.
- Saint Paul United Church of Christ, 426 Washington
St., Wausau, 715-845-2200
- Serving December 25 at 12:00 p.m.
- Carry out available, call for reservations.
- Covenant Community Presbyterian Church, 1806
Weston Ave., Schofield, 715-359-6467
- Serving December 25 from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Delivery available to Wausau and DC Everest area residents, call for reservations.
- Mount Calvary Lutheran Church, 503 S. Schmidt
Ave., Rothschild, 715-359-4500
- Call Monday – Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. for a private appointment.
- Saint Mark Lutheran Church, 600 Stevens Dr.,
- Distribution on Friday, December 6 from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
For additional information on holiday resources, dial 211 to speak with an Information Specialist, 24/7. Language interpreter service available. Text your zip code to 898211 to reach an Information Specialist Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., by chat Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at www.unitedwaymc.org/get-help or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To search the online database or view publications, go to www.unitedwaymc.org/get-help.