You’ve heard of Black Friday, Shop Local Saturday and Cyber Monday. But, have you heard about #Giving Tuesday? #GivingTuesday hopes to inspire people to take action, to give back, to volunteer—all in an effort to improve lives in our local communities. This year, November 27 is #GivingTuesday.
Plan now to be part of this movement. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- United Way Bundles of Joy supplies emergency diapers and infant formula through area organizations who serve families in crisis in Marathon County. All items purchased now through #GivingTuesday will be matched by UMR and several anonymous donors. That means when you buy one pack of diapers, Bundles of Joy will receive two packs!
- Give your time. Every non-profit, church or school has opportunities for you to help out. You’ll find lots of volunteer opportunities on the United Way website to get you started.
- Help a friend or neighbor. #GivingTuesdayMC encourages you to lend a hand locally. You can drop off a box of food at a food pantry, shovel your neighbor’s walk or driveway, or buy a stranger lunch in the drive-thru.
- Be socially (media) active. Use your social media networks: post on Facebook, tweet about #GivingTuesdayMC. Tag @LiveUnitedMC on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Ask others to do the same.
- Post photos of good deeds. Do a good deed for someone or an organization, post a selfie on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Be sure to tag United Way of Marathon County and include #mcliveunited and #GivingTuesdayMC. Tagging UWMC will help create a visual collection of local good deeds.
Do something, do anything, to help someone out and tell us about it on Facebook. Use #GivingTuesdayMC.