You’ve heard of Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday. But, have you heard about #Giving Tuesday? #GivingTuesday hopes to inspire people to take action, to give back, to volunteer – all in an effort to improve lives in our local communities. This year, December 3 is #GivingTuesday.
Plan now to be part of this movement. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Over 8,000 students in Marathon County receive free or reduced cost breakfast and lunch in our schools. Some of their families struggle to provide enough food on the weekends. You can help. Your Giving Tuesday donation will provide Nutrition on Weekends packs, Breakfast Kits or Snack kits for hungry children right here our community.
Watch our video below to learn how your gift will help kids in Marathon County.
- Give your time. Every non-profit, church or school has opportunities for you to help out. You’ll find lots of volunteer opportunities on the United Way website to get you started.
- Help a friend or neighbor. #GivingTuesdayMC encourages you to lend a hand locally. You can drop off a box of food at a food pantry, shovel your neighbor’s walk or driveway, or buy a stranger lunch in the drive-thru.
- Be socially (media) active. Use your social media networks: post on Facebook, tweet about #GivingTuesdayMC. Tag @LiveUnitedMC on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Ask others to do the same.
- Post photos of good deeds. Do a good deed for someone or an organization, post a selfie on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Be sure to tag United Way of Marathon County and include #mcliveunited and #GivingTuesdayMC. Tagging UWMC will help create a visual collection of local good deeds.
Do something, do anything, to help someone out and tell us about it on Facebook. Use #GivingTuesdayMC.