RSVP Connects Volunteers 55+ to Community Needs. In addition to helping the community when you volunteer, research shows that volunteering is good for you!
When you volunteer with RSVP you can:
- improve your health, happiness, and well-being
- meet new people and make new friends
- attend monthly social events and informational programs
- receive the President’s Volunteer Service Award based on hours of service
- attend the annual recognition celebration
United Way RSVP offers educational programs, free Blood Pressure Screenings and maintains a Community Calendar listing free and low-cost events and activities. You can learn more about all of their activities in the RSVP monthly newsletter.
For ideas on where you may want to volunteer with RSVP, see a list of volunteer opportunities by station.