The free SingleCare (formerly FamilyWize) prescription savings card provides discounts on prescription medications. It is free to anyone regardless of insurance coverage, requires no registration, covers all FDA-approved medications and can be used as often as you need. SingleCare negotiates discounted prices on medications and passes the entire savings on to the consumer. You simply show the pharmacy your savings card, either in print or through the app, and receive your medications at the lowest possible price. The discounts you receive are provided voluntarily by the 55,000+ U.S. pharmacies that accept this card.
Why SingleCare Works
- Save nearly 40 percent on your prescription drug costs.
- No age or income restrictions.
- No enrollment, activation or fees.
- Can be used by those without insurance and for medicines not covered by insurance, Medicaid or Medicare.
- Accepted at most pharmacies nationwide.
How to Get Your Discount
- First, get your card. You can:
- Then, show a participating pharmacy your SingleCare card when you pick up your prescription. You pay either the SingleCare discounted price or the pharmacy’s retail price, whichever is lower.
You can use the card as often as you want or even share yours with friends, family and coworkers.
United Way of Marathon County is committed to ensuring that people can easily and accurately file their taxes to receive the refunds and credits they deserve. Using www.myfreetaxes.com, you can file state and federal returns for free.
MyFreeTaxes is the largest free, online tax filing product offered by a nonprofit. United Way makes this service available as part of our fight for the financial stability of every person in every community.
In addition to using MyFreeTaxes when filing returns, tax experts offer the following tips to minimize mistakes and to maximize your refund this tax season.
The secure software walks you through the filing process and screens for common tax deductions and credits you may be eligible for, like the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Child Tax Credit. You can also use MyFreeTaxes to claim missed stimulus payments. That’s part of our effort to make sure you get back every penny possible. If you need help, Use the Helpline to talk to a real person trained by the IRS. MyFreeTaxes’ Helpline is open from 10 am-10 pm EST daily to clarify things like filing status. Just call 1-866-698-9435.
Other tax situations covered in MyFreeTaxes include:
- W-2 income
- Schedule C Self Employment
- Limited interest and dividend income reported on a 1099-INT or 1099- DIV
- Student education expenses, credits or student loan interest
- Unemployment income
- Claiming the standard deduction
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Child tax credits
- Child and dependent care expenses.