In August of 2022, the Board approved a new Mission Statement for United Way of Marathon County. These three words are simple, easy to understand, and inclusive. The goal behind reworking the mission is to create brand awareness, including our donors, partners, agencies, and community members, and achieve a great place to work where all community members are stable.
For more information about grant funding click here.
To achieve this mission, United Way:
- Evaluates – we review data, monitor trends, and stay informed about local issues. This information helps us set priorities to guide our investments and initiatives.
- Invests – we strategically invest donor dollars in programs that help us achieve our bold goals.
- Convenes – we bring together people from businesses, non-profits, schools, government, and the faith community to create a greater collective impact.
- Mobilizes – we recruit, promote, and support volunteers within the community.
- Connects – we connect people to services and resources, through United Way’s 211.